We're excited to announce the International Food Blogger Conference (IFBC) happening here in Seattle, May 15-17. We have a fabulous line-up of speakers and sponsors who are going to make this weekend the "must-attend" food blogging event of the year!
With the changes happening in traditional print media, the down-turn in the economy, and the loss of jobs, we've seen more and more people turning to blogging and/or turning their blogging into a business. We're not the only ones who think this is just the tip of the iceberg, and feel exciting things are on the horizon for the food blogging community. That's why we felt it important to organize an event to help us work together, learn new things, share ideas, and talk about issues surrounding food blogging.
The focus is on three themes: Food, Technology, and Writing.
The agenda is still a work-in-progress, but we've got some compelling speakers, topics and activities already on the schedule. Here's a taste of what's included:
- Ruth Reichl from Gourmet will talk about her new memoir Not Becoming My Mother: and Other Things She Taught Me Along the Way - you'll get a signed copy of her book too!
- Renee Behnke, President Emeritus of Sur la Table will talk about her life in food and present her new book Memorable Recipes: To Share with Family and Friends
- Molly Wizenberg, creator of the award winning blog Orangette, writer for Bon Appétit, and new author of A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes From My Kitchen Table will be here to talk about her life and experiences in writing.
- Jaden Hair from Steamy Kitchen will talk about blogging as a business, food photography, and more.
- Publishers will be here to talk about what they are looking for in food writers, how to write proposals, etc.. (Yes, they are looking and want to connect!)
- We'll talk about everything from Food Porn (tools, tips, techniques) to Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Top local chefs will fill you up on fabulous gourmet food
- We'll send you home with a goody bag so fantastic you'll think it's Christmas in May
- And we'll have prizes raffled throughout the day.
This is one-of-a-kind networking, tasting, and learning event. Because space is limited and expected to sell out quickly, early registration is closed to the general public. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an invitation.
OPEN REGISTRATION STARTS WEDNESDAY, APRIL 8, 2009.
Want more from Foodista? Sign up below!