According to a new report from the Environmental Working Group (EWG), the first three cereals on the list below contain more sugar, by weight, than the average Twinkie. 44 others contain more sugar than 3 Chips Ahoy! cookies. Here are the 10 worst offenders:
- Kellogg's Honey Smacks (55.6%)
- Post Golden Crisp (51.9%)
- Kellogg's Froot Loops Marshmallow (48.3%)
- Quaker Oats Cap'n Crunch's OOPS! All Berries (46.9%)
- Quaker Oats Cap'n Crunch Original (44.4%)
- Quaker Oats Oh!s (44.4%)
- Kellogg's Smorz (43.3%)
- Kellogg's Apple Jacks (42.9%)
- Quaker Oats Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries (42.3%)
- Kellogg's Froot Loops Original (41.4%)
Avoid these cereals for your children if at all possible. Maybe this is why so many Americans will be overweight by 2020?
See also: America's 8 Fattest Cities.