Many factors contributed to Natasha Harris' death in 2010, but one pathologist is saying that the mother of eight may have died thanks to Coca-Cola. The New Zealand mom drank approximately 2 gallons of the soda daily; this may well have caused her death.
Details outlined in her autopsy state that hypokalemia (low postassium) was a factor, and this condition may have been indirectly caused by her massive consumption.
What did Coca-Cola have to say about it? A rep from the corporation's Oceania facilities issued this statement:
We concur with the information shared by the coroner's office that the grossly excessive ingestion of any food product, including water, over a short period of time with the inadequate consumption of essential nutrients, and the failure to seek appropriate medical intervention when needed, can be dramatically symptomatic.
For another way food may be lethal, check out Keith Martin.