Celebrate dad this Father's Day with a specialty cocktail from Hennessy. Using the brand's Very Special Cognac, these cocktails are sure to make a lasting impression on any dad. And, as an added bonus, learn how to make coffee and cigar infused cognac as well! See it all in the recipes below.
Here’s to You Dad
- 60ml Hennessy V.S
- 2 Dashes of Black Walnut Bitters
- 1 spoonful of brown sugar
- 2 orange twists
Method: Add sugar to bottom of rocks glass with 1 orange twist, press with a muddler to extract essential oils from the orange skin. Now add bitters, Hennessy and ice, stir to chill. Top with an orange twist.
Good Morning and Goodnight
- 1.5 oz Coffee infused Hennessy V.S
- 1 cup Hennessy V.S
- 1 Tablespoon rough ground Coffee beans
Method: Add coffee beans to Hennessy, allow to sit for 6 hours, shake vigorously every hour. After 6 hours has passed, strain through a fine sieve and re-bottle the infused liquid. Lasts 6 months
- .5 oz Tia Maria
- .5 oz Madeira
- 1 Dash Angostura Bitters
- 1 Dash Fee Brothers Cherry Bitters
Garnish: 3 coffee beans
Method: Add all liquids to a mixing glass with ice and stir until chilled. Strain into a rocks glass with a large ice cube and garnish with 3 coffee beans.
- 2 oz Cigar Infused Hennessy V.S
- 1 x 750 ml bottle of Hennessy V.S
- 1 x Monte Cristo # 4 or similar sized and strength cigar
Method: Break up cigar into bottle of Hennessy, allow to sit for 6 hours, shake vigorously every hour. After 6 hours has passed, strain through a fine sieve and re-bottle the infused liquid. Lasts forever.
- 1 tsp good quality Coffee Liqueur
- 3 dashes Paychaud bitters
- 1.5 oz good quality ginger beer
Garnish: Black Cherry
Method: Add all ingredients except the ginger beer to a shaker tin with ice. Shake until well chilled and fine strain into a chilled cocktail coupe. Top with the ginger beer and garnish with a fresh black cherry.