When you have a busy week ahead of you, it's essential that you have a handful of quick and easy meal recipes that you can turn to. Deep dish taco pizza is one of those. Premade biscuit dough is pressed into a pie plate to form the crust. Once the crust has been baked, it's loaded with your favorite taco toppings. This version uses ground beef but feel free to use ground turkey or tofu crumbles for a vegetarian taco pizza. I like to add avocado and minced cilantro to mine.
Deep Dish Taco Pizza
Courtesy of Pillsbury
1 can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Homestyle refrigerated biscuits
1 pound ground beef
1 package Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
Chopped tomato or halved cherry tomatoes
Halved or sliced pitted ripe olives
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
2. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat, 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Add taco seasoning mix and water called for on seasoning mix package.
3. Separate dough into biscuits; press in bottom and up side of pie plate to make crust. Spoon beef mixture into crust.
4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is very light golden brown. Top with cheese; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
5. Serve topped with lettuce, tomato, olives and sour cream, or your favorite taco toppings.