Stacked Pancake Cake
• 3 cups (750 mL) PC Buttermilk Extra-Fluffy Pancake and Waffle Mix
• 2 cups (500 mL) water
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% whipping cream
• 2 tsp (10 mL) icing sugar
• 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pure vanilla extract
• 1 pkg (500 g) PC Skyr - Power Fruit
• 3/4 cup (175 mL) each fresh raspberries and sliced strawberries
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) PC Black Label Dark Maple Syrup
1. Stir together pancake mix and water until combined but still slightly lumpy. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set both aside.
2. Preheat 10 inch (25 cm) nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour 1/2 cup (125 mL) batter into pan; quickly spread into 7 to 7½ inch (18 to 19 cm) pancake. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles appear on top and bottom is golden. Turn only once and continue cooking until second side is done. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining batter to make total of 7 pancakes. Let cool, about 15 minutes.
3. Whip cream in chilled bowl with icing sugar and vanilla.
4. Place one pancake on serving platter; spread with 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the skyr. Repeat layers until all pancakes and skyr are used. Spoon whipped cream on top; spread, leaving 1 inch (2.5 cm) border bare. Top with berries. If desired, garnish with mint. Cut into 8 slices; serve drizzled with maple syrup.
Chef Tom's Tip: If the cake is going to sit for bit, the skyr on top of the cake can dry out where it peeks out from under the whipped cream; you can prevent it by leaving a 1-inch border bare when you spread the skyr on the top pancake, so the whipped cream will completely cover it.