Fruit Cake Recipe - Raspberry Buckle
Useful baking tips:
- If you use frozen raspberries do not thaw them before using them.
- Make sure, that fresh raspberries should not be soft and mushy and packaging shouldn't have stains and be moist (e.g. condensation).
- How to wash raspberries: Just rinse them under water and nothing else.
- When the fruit cake is baked it should rest for at least 20 minutes (10 minutes in the tin plus 10 more minutes minimum). Freshly baked fruit cake is very soft and fragile but it might be difficult to resist.
- You can change this fruit cake recipe by adding different sort of fruits. Blueberries, strawberries, rhubarb, apricots are all suitable.