1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 (15.5 ounce) cans small white beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 large cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 (4-ounce) can chopped mild green chilies
1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
4 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
For a dip: crackers and chips
For a sandwich: bread
For a soup: chicken broth and croutons
1. Put the drained marinated artichoke hearts and the drained and rinsed white beans in a food processor and pulse until chopped well. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat and saute garlic for about 1 minute. Add salt, pepper, cayenne and thyme. Cook, stirring constantly for about another minute.
3. Turn heat to low and add green chilies and liquid smoke. Stir to mix well.
4. Then add white bean mixture, softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese and 1/2 of the chives. Stir and cook until cheeses melt and the mixture is heated through.
5. Pour into a serving bowl and top with remaining chives.
Serve warm with crackers...or spread on sliced bread for a sandwich...or thin it out with chicken broth and top with croutons for a soup.