One Pot Veggie Quinoa
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp dried basil *
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp crushed pepper
1 cup yellow onions (chopped
6 whole white mushrooms (sliced)
1 cup green peppers (chopped)
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup cauliflower florets
½ cup crinkled carrots
3 whole roma tomatoes (blanched, peeled and chopped)
½ cup burrata cheese (mashed)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp ketchup
1 ½ cup dry quinoa (rinsed)
3 cups water
1. Heat oil in a wok/skillet/nonstick saucepan. Add all the herbs including garlic in the warm oil.
2. Immediately add onions to it and sauté until golden brown.
3. Add green pepper, broccoli, cauliflower and cover and cook for few minutes. The veggies should be slightly soft but crunchy.
4. Add crinkled carrots and sauté for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and again cover and cook for few minutes, until the tomatoes release its juice.
5. Add burrata cheese to get the creamy texture. Cover and cook again for 2 minutes.
6. Add salt, ketchup and quinoa. Sauté until quinoa is well coated.
7. Add water, cover and cook until water is absorbed and quinoa is well cooked. This may take about 10-15 minutes.
8. Garnish with more crushed pepper if required and serve hot.